- This event has passed.
Mountain View Displacement Study Session
October 29 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
On Tuesday, October 29, the Mountain View City Council will begin discussing ‘Options for Responding to Displacement.’ The study session is first on the agenda and will begin promptly at 5pm at City Hall. The staff report is available here:
The report is high-level but comprehensive, including an analysis of local land use authority and limitations, evaluation of existing housing stock and rental properties that have been demolished and redeveloped, and options for preventing and mitigating displacement.
- In summary, the following strategies are recommended as priorities for further review:
- Evaluate an Acquisition/Preservation Program
- Evaluate a Displacement Mitigation Program
- Modify the Tenant Relocation Assistance Ordinance (TRAO)
- Evaluate a “landlord-rental set-aside” program to assist with relocation options
- Evaluate a tenant selection preference for displaced tenants
- Evaluate potential modifications to the City Code or other regulatory/policy documents
Staff is seeking input from the Council, including approval of these strategies. Your ideas and suggestions are welcome! Please attend the meeting or email us:
Although meetings of specific importance will be added individually to the calendar, these monthly meetings may be of interest on an ongoing basis:
Housing, Land Use, Environment, and Transportation (HLUET) Committee – Typically meets at 10am on the third Thursday each month. As a regular agenda item, the County Office of Supportive Housing presents its monthly system data report at these meetings. For details, select HLUET Committee in the drop-down menu in the left sidebar on the County of Santa Clara website.
Housing and Community Development Commission – Typically meets at 5:45pm on the second Thursday of each month. For details, see the Commission calendar on the City of San Jose website.