Supportive Services to Veterans and their Families is a short-term housing assistance program established to prevent and end homelessness for Veteran families and single adults in Santa Clara County. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs provides funding to four local agencies: HomeFirst, Goodwill Silicon Valley and Veteran Resource Center.
- Resides in Santa Clara County
- Household income does not exceed 50% ($73,150 for a family of 4) of area median income for veteran family that is literally homeless or in need of homeless prevention services
- Household income does not exceed 50% ($51,250) of area median income for single veteran who is homeless or in need of homeless prevention services.
- Eligible discharge statuses include honorable, general, other than honorable, bad conduct
- At least one day of active duty for other than training purposes
Types of Assistance
- Rental assistance
- Utility assistance
- Security deposit
- Moving costs
- Housing Search Assistance
- Employment and benefits assistance
Where to go for help
Goodwill Silicon Valley
Download Flyer (PDF)
Veterans Resource Center
This website created to help Veterans find governmental and private resources and discounts.